Festival Guidelines, Code of Conduct & Terms and Conditions.
Please read this document carefully before purchasing a SOBER FEST Ticket.
By purchasing a ticket to attend the “Sober Fest” you confirm that you have read this document and agree with all it’s content, including the terms and conditions. All holders of a festival ticket, are required to fill in an application form – which shall be forwarded at our earliest convenience. The application form must be fully completed and returned by email. Failure to return the form, provide incomplete information or providing false and misleading information, will result in the cancellation of your ticket. Should a cancellation result for either reason as listed above, then you shall receive a full refund less any fees payable by us to third party ticketing platforms.
- Location: The festival shall take place in beautiful Warwickshire from 29th – 31st May 2020. The event field is part of a working farm that has various livestock located on the farm. The festival field, whilst attached to the farm grounds is separated by a hedgerow, house etc and therefore we consider a great venue for our festival. If you are a Vegan and considering attending. Please be sure that you are comfortable with the above arrangement. In the event that you are not 100% in this arrangement then please do reconsider purchasing a ticket, as this will not benefit you, us or your fellow attendees.
- Free Camping: Just bring your own tent or upgrade and have one waiting for you upon your arrival. Please contact us if you want to upgrade. In the event that you bring your own tent then you must take it away with you and dispose of it in a responsible manner.
- Food: No meat products are allowed or sold on the site, with the food traders providing both vegetarian and vegan food. We reserve the right to change the above arrangement at the time of the festival. Under no circumstances are ticket holders allowed to leave the festival site and return with any type of food or drink.
- Free Yoga & Meditation classes: (1 hour per day duration guaranteed for yoga classes on Saturday and Sunday – which are included in the ticket price.) The time frame for each class, depends solely upon the overall take up of the classes by the number of people attending the festival. Meditation class times and the length of each class shall be finalised closer to the start date of the festival.
- By train: The closest main train station to the festival is Rugby approx 7 miles. Rugby station serves the following train stations:
Birmingham New Street
Please see the Rugby train station for more information on connecting routes to the above.
We shall be negotiating with a taxi company to give any ticket holders a discounted rate for train to/from the festival.
- By air: The closest airport to Rugby is Birmingham which is 26 miles away. More information here https://bit.ly/2vfcZEa
- By road: https://bit.ly/1xm8HSF enter Muswell Farm Event Field,Willey,Rugby,CV23 0SL into destination.
- Parking: Is free for vehicles with two or more occupants. Vehicles with a single occupant will be charged a £20 fee which is payable prior to the start of the festival. This parking fee, shall be divided by the land owner and our chosen non profit organisation. To help vehicle owners travelling alone, avoid this charge, we shall be setting up a page on gocarshare.com or a similar website.
- Refuse. All ticket holders are fully responsible for the disposal of their rubbish, using the allocated points. It is every ticket holder’s responsibility to keep the site clean and tidy.
- Showers / Toilets. It is the responsibility of every ticket holder to leave both the showers and toilets in the same condition as they found them. We ask you to have respect for your fellow festival ticket holders.
- Merchandise. Only official merchandise including T-shirts and other Festival souvenirs shall be on sale within the Festival site. The right to sell any form of merchandise must be agreed in writing, from the festival organisers. You may not sell any items at the Festival and unauthorized sale of goods at the Festival, may result in your removal from the Festival.
CODE OF CONDUCT
ZERO TOLERANCE DRUGS POLICY.
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding illegal drugs. It is forbidden on the Festival site to: (i) use, distribute, sell and/or to be in possession of illegal drugs; and (ii) distribute, sell or improperly use prescription or over-the-counter drugs. You understand and agree that Your use of the Ticket is contingent upon Your unconditional and voluntary acceptance to be searched for the presence of the following: drugs, weapons, objects that may be a danger or jeopardize the safety of other ticket holders – (see article 16 (listed above). Should any of these items be found, then such items will be seized by security personnel and you will be immediately removed from the Festival. Naturally, you are permitted to bring prescription drugs into the Sober Rave Fest for the duration of the festival. You must have a valid prescription with your name clearly listed on the prescription.
ZERO TOLERANCE ALCOHOL POLICY.
- The Sober Fest is by definition a “Sober” festival and therefore we do not allow any alcohol on the festival grounds – whatsoever. Many of the attendees, will be in “recovery” and they wish to attend a sober event, staying clear of those who chose to drink alcohol. If you wish to drink find a festival that does and that is the vast majority.
- In addition, ticket holders fully accept that they are not permitted to enter the festival grounds, under the influence of alcohol. In the event that a ticket holder tries to re-enter the festival showing any sign of drinking alcohol, they will not be allowed access to the site. There are no grey areas here, drink alcohol on site or try to enter the festival having done so and you will be barred from all future Sober Fests.
ZERO TOLERANCE of ANY FORM of HARASSMENT.
- We are totally dedicated to providing a safe, welcoming, and harassment-free festival experience for everyone. This protection is all-encompassing, and covers all characteristics, including, but not limited to a person’s: sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, colour, religion, national origin, age, social aptitude, speech impediments.
Anyone from any lifestyle is welcome at the Sober Fest so long as they do not intentionally do any action that hinders the enjoyment of other attendees.
- Harassment of any kind, including but not limited to the following: physical assault, sexual assault, sexual harassment, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated.
- If a person says “no” or asks you to leave them alone, you must do so. Do not follow them or attempt to disrupt their festival experience in any way. If you continue to provide unwelcome attention to another attendee, you may be removed from the premises, and you may be barred from attending future Sober Fests. Please understand that, regardless of whether the behaviour in question amounts to a violation of the law, it may be considered harassment and a violation if this policy.
- Should an individual stalk, harass, or attempt to assault you at our Sober Fest, please report that individual to a member of the event staff as soon as possible, and appropriate action will be taken. If you witness harassment occurring, please encourage the victim to report it to event staff.
- This prohibition against harassment applies to not only attendees, but also everyone employed by the Sober Fest, including entertainment artists, volunteer staff etc. All attendees should feel as though they can report harassment regarding any person associated with the Sober Fest, regardless of that person’s position. No retaliation by the festivals employees or volunteer staff will be tolerated.
Festival staff will be happy to help participants contact security or local police and provide escorts, or otherwise to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe at the Sober Fest.
- Any and all information relating to the victim’s claim of harassment will be treated by the festival organisers as confidential unless otherwise required by law, overriding public health and safety concerns, or authorized by the parties in question.
- We are not responsible for mediating any interpersonal problems that arose between individual attendees outside of our festival. Thus, we can take no action to prevent a person from attending the festival unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the Sober Fest itself. If you feel that a threat exists against your person, we advise you to seek a restraining order against the individual in question and to present it to our security in advance of the festival at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you obtain a restraining order against someone prior to the event and you know that they are attending the event, please provide this information to us so that we may prevent the other person from registering and attending. If you are unable to obtain a restraining order, we recommend avoiding that individual, and reporting them to security immediately if they violate this harassment policy during the event so that appropriate action may be taken. Conversely, any attempt to have an innocent person removed from the festival by falsely accusing them will be treated as an act of harassment and dealt with appropriately. The responsibility for settling interpersonal disputes lies solely with the individuals involved. We will not tolerate being used as a leveraging point in such disputes.
Terms and Conditions
- “Agent” means the organisation (which may include Us) from whom You have purchased this Ticket.
- “Event” means the event to be held at the Venue in respect of which You have bought this Ticket.
- “Terms” means these terms and conditions.
- “Ticket” means any ticket or wristband (as applicable) for You to attend an Event.
- “Venue” means the venue where the Event is held.
- “We” means the “Sober Fest UK” and “Us” and “Our” shall be read accordingly.
- “You” means you as the holder of this Ticket and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
- You are required, as part of the terms of this agreement, to complete and return via email, a fully completed application form together with a passport type photo head shot of yourself. Should you not wish to or cannot comply with this request and for whatever reason, then unfortunately, you will not be allowed to attend the Sober Fest. The completed application forms are for our use only and shall not be passed on to any third parties under any circumstances. These forms help us gather an insight into the of number of ticket holders wishing to attend yoga classes, camping accommodation configurations etc. The only exception for us to pass on any of the information, contained within the completed forms. Is in the case of a medical emergency or a police matter i.e. a person causing a serious disturbance, or somebody found trying to distribute drugs or any other illegal entities at the festival. Download Here #SoberFest Application Form
⦁ Your possession of this Ticket constitutes Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
⦁ Tickets are personal, revocable licences and shall be considered at all times, to remain Our property and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
⦁ Upon purchase, please check Tickets carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase.
⦁ The Event is not suitable for young children and all ticket holders must meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years of age.
⦁ Please contact Us in advance of the Event if You have any specific access requirements in relation to the Event, otherwise it may not be possible for Us to meet your needs. All requests should be addressed to us at email@example.com.
⦁ Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced.
⦁ We reserve the right to make alterations to the published Event or program. Artists and billed attractions are subject to change. Our liability for the cancellation, rescheduling or material change to an Event is limited to the refund set out in this document.
⦁ We will not refund or exchange this Ticket unless the Event is cancelled or re-scheduled or there is a material change to the Event. A ‘material’ change is a change which, in our opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that any purchaser of a Ticket could reasonably expect. A change to the artists performing at the Event shall not be a material change. The refund for Tickets equals the face value of the Tickets purchased and excludes any booking or transaction fees. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the Event which have been arranged by You are at Your own risk and We shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure beyond the Ticket price and relevant fees.
⦁ If an Event is rescheduled or materially changed, You must claim Your refund in good time before the rescheduled or materially changed event takes place. If an Event is cancelled, You must claim Your refund within 3 months from the date of the Event.
⦁ You agree that We will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by Us): (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by Us; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence); or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
⦁ You may not re-sell or transfer a Ticket if prohibited by law. In Addition, any re-sell or transfer MUST be agreed by US in writing. Where a Ticket is offered for re-sale in accordance with these Conditions, You must provide the buyer with full details of the Ticket. The buyer of a Ticket must be made aware of these Conditions and any other terms and conditions applicable to the Event.
⦁ You may not combine a Ticket with any hospitality, travel or accommodation service and/or any other merchandise, product or service to create a ticket package (“Ticket Package”) and sell or otherwise transfer (or facilitate the sale or transfer of) such Ticket Package for profit or commercial gain, offer such Ticket Package as an incentive or prize in a promotion or competition, or otherwise dispose of such Ticket Package in the course of a business.
⦁ If You have obtained this Ticket in breach of these Terms and/or if You breach any of these Terms then it shall be void, and all rights conferred on You or evidenced by such Ticket shall be void. If You seek to gain entry to an Event using a void Ticket then we reserve the right to refuse You entry to or eject You from the Event and You may be liable to legal action for trespass. Void tickets are non-refundable.
⦁ We reserve the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event and/or Venue in reasonable circumstances including without limitation for health and safety or licensing reasons; if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event; if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if you are found in possession of any prohibited item or substance; if in Our reasonable opinion You are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if You breach these Terms; or if Your Ticket is void.
⦁ We reserve the right to confiscate any item, which in Our reasonable opinion may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as listed on the Event website. Without limitation, the following may not be brought into the Venue: Aerosols over 250ml, Airhorns, Alcohol, Animals (except for assistance dogs), Balloons, Barbeques and any kind of cooking apparatus, Bicycles, Blowtorches, Chairs of any sort (including stools, floor seating and shooting sticks), Drinks including bottled water, Drones, Drugs, Gas canisters, azebos/parasols/large (golf) umbrellas, Glass (including glass makeup or perfume bottles), Food hampers/cool bags/boxes, Fireworks, Flags on poles, Flares, Illegal substances, Items which may be regarded as weapons, Legal highs (including Nitrous Oxide and associated equipment including balloons), Laser equipment/pens, Liquids/gels over 100ml, Megaphones, Pyrotechnics, Recording or transmitting equipment, Roller skates, Scooters, Sky or ‘Chinese’ lanterns, Smoke bombs, Sound systems (including personal speakers), Spray cans, Tabards/high viz jackets, Tables. Photographic equipment will only be permitted when used for personal, non-commercial use. In the event of any subsequent commercial use, the bearer agrees to pay the Promoter for the cost of a licence issued by the Promoter for permission to take photographs / visual / audio recordings for commercial use. We reserve the right to conduct security searches from time to time, and to refuse admission to You, or eject You, from the Event and/or Venue should You refuse to comply with such security searches. No refunds will be given to You if You are refused entry or ejected due to Your own behaviour. You may not bring snacks to the event for your own personal consumption. If you need to bring specific food or drink for personal consumption due to a medical condition, please bring supporting evidence.
⦁ No liquids, gels or lotions over 100ml are permitted into the event. This includes hand sanitisers and soft drinks / water in sealed containers. Sun cream over 100ml will not be permitted. Perfume and make up will be permitted in plastic or paper containers sized 100ml or less. Glass containers of any size will not be permitted.
⦁ Empty plastic bottles no larger than 500ml may be brought into the site. There will be water points available on site for free water refill.
⦁ Food and drink will be available for purchase at the event.
⦁ You must comply with any and all instructions given to You by Us, Venue and/or Event staff and stewards.
⦁ You shall not use equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or any other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data inside any Venue or at any Event, and You shall not bring such equipment into any Venue or Event.
⦁ By attending an Event, You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of customers or the prevention of crime.
⦁ We may prosecute You if You cause damage to the Venue, the Venue infrastructure, or cause harm to any other person at the Event and/or Venue.
⦁ You may only leave and re-enter the Venue during the Event at Our discretion and/or that of the Venue management.
⦁ We shall allocate an area where attendees may post messages, place announcements for get-togethers, etc. The staff reserves the right to remove any posted materials that are considered inappropriate or may reflect poorly on the festival as a whole. Do not affix anything including fliers to any part of the interior or exterior of the festival grounds. Doing so will result in instant removal and could result in removal from the festival.
⦁ The unauthorised sale of goods, is strictly forbidden by the festival organisers. In doing so, the responsible party/s shall be removed from the Sober Fest by security and no refund given.
⦁ The organisers will not be held responsible for any problems/damage that arises for parking either inside or outside the festival grounds. This includes the removal of vehicles from the site for whatever reason.
⦁ If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please contact Us or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.
⦁ The Event is outdoors. You are strongly advised to bring appropriate clothing and footwear to protect against potential inclement weather.
⦁ Warning – Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing. Please note that pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting or other special effects may take place during some performances.